Wednesday 14 April 2010

high- heeled trainers


SO, this will be perhaps the most controversial of my blogs (I realise this is also only my second so not much competition- but i predict it will be controversial still after a few more). I would like to raise the issue of the high heeled trainer.

Now obviously, your first reaction is- hell no! But, i have to admit, and i am ashamed to admit, i do have a slight penchant for this particular fashion disaster. OK, so picture it, some sort of high waisted cropped luxe trouser, a loose fitting vest tucked in, and then some, maybe silky socks, with a pair of sleek (they do come in sleek believe me) heeled trainer. We're talking exquisite fabrics, high fashion, (not an Adidas tracksuit).

Still not keen? I don't blame you, but as someone who has tried them on, there is something almost sexy about heels and sports wear. But i must also remind you, i tried them on, liked them but still did not buy them- after all, even though i do see their attractive side, they are a pretty vile concept.

Note to all: Never take advice from someone that likes the heeled trainer.

1 comment:

  1. I suppose high-heeled trainers are cool because they are the least practical things ever. They don't really serve their purpose as a trainer but they have taken the most attractive bits of trainers and put them on a more aesthetically pleasing shape, so their only purpose is to look cool and fashionable.
    I don't think I could pull them off though.

    ReplyDelete