Monday 12 July 2010

Leggings and sandals?!


I write now about an issue that has perplexed me for many summers past. As someone who would rather not bare too much leg in Britain come July/August, I am faced with a dilemma- living in Jeans or Linens, Or chucking on leggings with sandals.

I'm only a fan of the ankle length legging and i like to think that with a shoe like sandal- e.g the gladiator (I'm sorry but in my eyes they will never be out of fashion), it is just about do-able. On holiday we can all prance around in shorts and sandals, but these rules just don't seem to apply to the majority when back on home turf. Perhaps it is because we are not used to the sun, but why is it not acceptable for shorts and sandals sans leggings at home, when it is soo appropriate whilst holidaying.

Soo, my conclusion is that i can only refer to sandals and leggings as a completely necessary evil. I will be wearing my sandals chunky and my leggings long and wearing it preferably with a dress- so that there are fewer divides across the body to compensate the ankle division!


No comments:

Post a Comment